Author Interview with Legendary Writing Part 1
I was so excited when LegendaryWriting of Instagram invited me for an author interview. I’ve been following their posts for a while and they have a fabulous writing community, offering loads of inspiration for writers and generating true conversations.
When my interview questions arrived they hadn’t simply churned out the same old stuff, such as ‘when did you start to write?’. They took a genuine interest in my writing and geared their questions towards me, which is pretty awesome – and refreshing.
Here are the questions they posed:
- What do you think is the biggest mistake writers make when writing a disabled character and what advice do you have for writers portraying disabled people?
- I’ve read a bit of your book and you’re very good at writing dialogue. What advice would you give to writers who want to write convincing dialogue?
- In the summary of Visiting Lilly it mentions time travel as a possibility. What kind of world does this take place in? Is it science fiction?
- What challenges have you faced writing the Jake Talbot series and how have you overcome them?
- What lessons did you learn writing this series that you’ll take with you into the rest of your writing career?
You can read my interview at LegendaryWriting on Instagram.
They’ve kindly let me share the entire interview with you.
Here I answer the question: “What do you think is the biggest mistake writers make when writing a disabled character and what advice do you have for writers portraying disabled people?”